Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Tuesday, November 7th to Wednesday, November 8th

Hello Again

Sorry I didn't get a chance to update the blog last night as my computer was down at my house. Yesterday was a good work day to complete our Halloween Units which will now be due on Friday, November 10th, because today we have our Rememberance Day Assembly and our trip to Grand River Post Secondary this afternoon. Although yesterday was a good day for work in class, it was not for our Homework in terms of the Math Review. Everyone had to stay in at lunch on detention to complete this assignment. Students had approximately an hour the day before to work on this, which was a great time to ask any questions about specific questions that they may still be having difficulty with! "I didn't know how to do it", is not an excuse for not having EVERYTHING done or at least ATTEMPTED! Also, this was a Review with all examples in our Math Makes Sense workbooks, which we talked about extensively in-class.

If students have work that they do not understand, they need to come see me for extra help at lunch or after school BEFORE the work is due!!! I have also talked about the Homework Support Program available at Six Nations Polytech on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm to 9pm, as another after school support.

If parents have any questions please don't hesitate to call! I have made a few calls home, talked with a few parents, and left a few messages to please call me back at the school 445-2256.

REPORT CARDS are not long off!

Thanks
Mr. M. Hickey

No comments: